Get cracking on that travel bucket list, you’ve got nine long weekends ahead!
It’s never too early to plan your holidays. So yes, we’re planning for 2019 now. Need some travel inspiration? First up, know you’ve got 4 legit long weekends waiting for you and we can add five more to that with some strategy. You can’t go wrong with a relaxing retreat (we recommend a healing Bali getaway or a visit to the sleepy colonial town of Malacca) to rest your mind before getting back to the grind. Serious rejuvenation awaits all yoga lovers and creative souls at these wellness resorts.
Also on our agenda: a stay at an eco-resort. Sustainable concepts have been gaining traction and it seems that the travel industry is taking heed. Which is all the better for us as we get to enjoy a holiday while being kind to the environment.
Rainy weather got you down? Fret not, we’ve even got kickass holiday picks for the monsoon season. Plus some places to check out that don’t require a passport– because hey, we should show our own city some love too.
Read on for all the deets on the above and more!
4 legit long weekends
Friday, 19 April: Good Friday
Sunday, 19 May: Vesak Day*
Friday, 9 August: National Day and Sunday, 11 August: Hari Raya Haji*
Sunday, 27 October: Deepavali*
* The following Monday will be a public holiday.
Side note: It’s so so easy to turn three-day weekends into four IYKWIM *hint hint*
Extra time: How to turn that into five more!
Tuesday, 1 January: New Year’s Day. Chances are you aren’t working on 31 December. If you are, apply for that leave NOW!
Tuesday 5 and Wednesday, 6 February: Chinese New Year. Imagine what one Monday off can do to your life – that’s five days of bliss right there!
Wednesday, 1 May: Labour Day. It might look like a stretch but here’s where you can use up that precious Annual Leave. Take 2 and 3 May off and pack your bags for five fabulous days.
Wednesday, 5 June: Hari Raya Puasa. Don’t dismiss this mid-week holiday, June’s got a lot of potential. Let’s break it down – if you manage to take 3, 4, 6 and 7 June off, you’re looking at a glorious nine-day long vacation. Technically, that’s two long long weekends. Send us a postcard!
Wednesday, 25 December: Christmas Day. Ah, another Wednesday! This is where you can use up all those pending ALs. Take 23, 24, 26 and 27 December off and club those in with two weekends. If your firm is as nice as Honeycombers, you probably get the last week of the year off anyway (virtual high-five!). If it isn’t, this is your strategy to escape in December.
No ideas? No problem!
- Ten hotels for a Singapore staycay
- Staycays in Sentosa
- A guide to road trips across the Causeway
- Here’s what we did at this Nusa Dua wellness retreat
- Steal our itinerary for our girls trip to Bangkok
- Phuket vs. Bali: Which is better?
- Best weekend getaways from Singapore
- Islands near Singapore for the perfect beach vacay
- Spectacular dive sites in Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia’s best boutique hotels under $150
- 72-hour weekend trips in Southeast Asia
- Non-obvious places to explore in Southeast Asia
- Eco-resorts in Southeast Asia
- Where to go during the monsoon season
- A guide to hiking trails in Southeast Asia
- Wellness and creative retreats in Asia
- Secret getaways in Asia
- Where to go glamping in Asia
- Hit the slopes at these ski destinations
- Bonus: Inside scoop! Cheapest months to travel