We've found the best Hong Kong apps to make life a little bit easier for you. Get downloading now!
Living in the 21st century, everyone is constantly guarding their phones for communication purposes and entertainment – whether it be checking out the best podcasts, ordering bouquets online from different florists in Hong Kong or swiping ruthlessly on different dating apps, and we agree that some apps truly do make life more manageable. So, we’ve put together a list of the best Hong Kong apps to help make things easier for you. Now, go find some WiFi and get downloading.
Best Hong Kong apps for an easy breezy life in The 852
Chapter 1: Food
- Be on top of every restaurant promotion: Get a deal for every reservation on Eatigo and savings offers on The Entertainer
- Get food delivered, wherever you go: Try Foodpanda, Deliveroo, UberEats and Black Sheep Restaurants GO
- Learn more about wine: Follow the buying guide on Le Grand Tasting App and get some experts’ opinions
Chapter 2: Transportation
- MTR: Find out when the first/last train departs at your station (and fares etc.) on MTR Mobile
- Bus: Sometimes, a bus is quicker than the MTR. know when the next bus arrives with Hong Kong apps like CitybusNWFB and KMB
- Cab: We’ve tested out all of the Hong Kong apps for taxis, and haven’t had much consistent luck (fill us in if you’ve got the secret though!) Grab an Uber when you can’t find a taxi
- Public transit: Got to get from A to B in a part of the city you’re not familiar with? Plan your routes using Citymapper
- Klook is an absolute lifesaver when it comes to transport in Hong Kong, plus this amazing travel app makes life easier in countries across the globe. Not only can you get super cheap Airport Express tickets on Klook, but you can gain cheap tickets to loads of awesome HK attractions like Ocean Park and Aqualuna. If that doesn’t tickle your fancy, they have even curated some unique experiences with the likes of Kowloon Shangri-La to make your travel life much more interesting.
Chapter 3: Wellness
- Do some mindfulness exercises and daily meditation: Headspace has a range of short and longer meditations that will clear the head and help you get a better sleep. Plus, we love the cool animation on this
- Like staying fit and getting free stuff? Bravera is one of our favourite Hong Kong apps, and for good reason. It syncs with your fitness tracker to count your movement then allows you to buy deals and compete in challenges to score discounts from great local businesses like Retykle, Cafe 8, and Lifehub
- Count your macros: Know whether you’re getting enough nutrients and proteins by looking at the charts on Cronometer or MyFitnessPal
- Count your steps: Stepz tracks how far you’ve walked and how many calories you’ve burnt
- Track your period: Learn more about your ovulation cycle with Clue
- Track your sleeping pattern: Sleep Cycle shows you your sleep quality, and we’re all about that REM cycle
- Plan your workout at a variety of studios: Explore different pilates, yoga, HIIT, dance and meditation studios in Hong Kong on Classpass
Chapter 4: Lifestyle
- Explore new music or curate your playlists: Try Spotify, TuneIn Radio and Bandcamp
- Discover what song is playing in a cafe: Use Shazam to search for the song title
- Find out what’s showing in cinemas: HKMovie tells you what movies are showing, when, in which locations and how many seats are available (we love this Hong Kong app!)
- Know the weather: MyObservatory gives you a warning when it’s T8, so you don’t waste time getting ready for work
- Edit your pictures: VSCO, POMELO, Foodie – Camera for Life and Priime offer gorgeous filters. Or Plotagraph turns still images into epic moving animations.
- Draw things on your phone or ipad: Autodesk Sketchbook and Procreate
- Sell your stuff/buy second-hand goodies: You can find almost everything on Carousell and specifically books on Sparktake
- Meet like-minded people: Make new friends of the same interest on Meetup (they have everything from chess, to crafting to karaoke!)
- Find fun things to do: Find out what events are happening around town on Ticketflap and Pelago
- Move your things and yourself easily from a-b with GOGOVAN. Operating 24/7, it’s super easy to book a van to lug some furniture back to your place, and the prices are reasonable too.