Florist Aude Giraud of Ask a French shows us how to make a chic (and easy) holiday wreath in a step-by-step tutorial video.
With the holiday season in full swing, many of us are channelling our inner Martha Stewart to get our homes Xmas-ready with cool DIY projects. ‘Cos DIY Xmas decor mean so much more than cookie-cutter duplicates, amirite? But before you take on one too many projects and end up with an epic Pinterest fail, try your hand at this easy-peasy and super chic DIY Christmas wreath that can be accomplished in no time!
One of our favourite florists, Ask a French’s Aude Giraud shows us how. At her lovely atelier in Tiong Bahru, she walked us through creating a stunning holiday wreath that’s totally versatile – wow your guests right at the door or pair with a candle for a great centrepiece for your festive meal. We stepped away from the traditional route with this one but, of course, you can add whatever you fancy – baubles, tinsels and Poinsettia flowers. Check out our DIY tutorial video with Aude below!
DIY Christmas wreath with Ask a French
What you need
- A wreath ring, 35 cm in diameter (you can find one at any flower shop or use a sturdy circular structure that could hold the foliage)
- Bending wire
- A pair of scissors
- Pine leaves, foliage, flowers for drying (Aude used baby’s breath and bunny tail grass)
- Gold ornaments for a Chrismas-y feel
- Gather the pine leaves, foliage and flowers to create a mini bouquet.
- Using the scissors, cut off the stems according to your preferred length.
- Take the bending wire and attach the bouquet to the wreath ring. Make sure it’s stable as you don’t want it to fall apart.
- Repeat the process by overlapping each mini bouquet to create a circular shape around the wreath ring. Aude creates five to six mini bouquets to make a 35cm in diameter wreath.
- Attach a ribbon of your choice if you’re hanging it on your door.
And you’re done! FYI, these wreaths can last up to two months…
Aude is also taking Christmas wreath orders till 23 December. Just select a size and colour combo of your choice and you’ll receive a beautiful wreath at your doorstep.
Ask A French, order a beautiful Christmas wreath.