Need to sweep your honey off their feet but not sure where to start? Check out this cheat sheet to nail the perfect V-Day in Bali
If you’re spending Valentine’s Day in Bali this year, you’re already scoring pretty high on the romance-meter. But if you’re looking to rack up extra passion points, you’ll want to read on. It might be your first Valentine’s Day together, or maybe you just need to up last year’s grand gesture – whatever it is, choreographing the ultimate date night ain’t easy.
So, to help you sweep your honey off their feet, we’ve put together this cheat sheet (‘scuse the expression) to help you nail Valentine’s Day in Bali 2023. From romantic restaurants to spa sessions and romantic things to do, this lovers’ guide will make sure you don’t screw it up.
Happy V-Day Honeys!
THINGS TO DO ON VALENTINE’S DAY IN BALI
1. Reserve a top-notch table for two with a special romantic menu
If you really want to make an impression this Valentine’s Day, take your date to one of Bali’s very best restaurants – the award-winning fine-diners that are designed to dazzle. We’re talking butter-poached lobster, velvety French foie gras, and of course, plenty of oysters *wink wink*. And psst – if you’re looking for a special Valentine’s Day dinner, check out these V-Day events below:
- Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach is pulling out all the stops this Valentine’s Day with a five-course Romantic Dinner Under the Stars. You can choose to dine beside the Secret Garden Pool, at SugarSand, or even request a special romantic setup for you and your Honey. You’ll feast on scallops and caviar, chicken yakitori, Wagyu sirloin and a white chocolate and Champagne parfait. Swit swoo!
- CasCades Restaurant & Bar is bringing together breathtaking views and stellar cuisine this Valentine’s Day. Arrive early for golden hour when the sun is setting and the jungle valley comes alive, then settle in for a magical five-course dinner with wine pairing. You can choose from the menu of Indonesian favourites, or go classic with CasCades signature dishes. All of this, serenaded by live entertainment.
- Bisma Eight is proving that love truly is in the air this Valentine’s Day. On top of offering some of the island’s sweetest stay deals, you’re also invited to join the “The Lovers Feast” at the resort’s finest dining destinations. Copper will be dishing up a four-course Valentine’s Day dinner on the rooftop, right under the stars. Meanwhile at Embers, you’ll feast on a three-course dinner within Bisma Eight’s lush gardens.
- The Kelusa will be serving up a five-course dinner with magical views of the rainforest and a live jazz performance. The special V-Day menu will feature luxurious ingredients like duck, crab and foie gras, ending on a sweet note with a delectable Strawberry Florentine. Top tip: to keep the romance going, make use of the bountiful wine cellar and request pairing with each course.
2. Swoon over a sunset
Ain’t nuthin’ more romantic than a jaw-dropping Bali sunset, so this V-Day, why not whisk your honey away to one of Bali’s best sunset bars. Whether you choose a beach or jungle setting, if the view fits we say go with it. Champagne on ice is not required, but highly recommended…
3. Stay in a helplessly romantic hotel
With so much natural beauty in Bali, every hotel here is arguably geared up for love. But there are certain stays that have got romancing down to a fine art, with the best of the best offering indulgent couples’ benefits, romantic experiences, and even special Honeymoon packages (pro tip: you don’t actually have to be on your honeymoon to enjoy these rates and romantic perks!). Look out for this month’s hotel deals, like the “Let Love Unfold” package at Bisma Eight hotel and villas that includes all the perks for Bali’s lovebirds (did we mention gourmet dinner and couples spa sesh?).
4. Go to infinity (pool) and beyond
If you really want to take boo’s breath away this V-Day, then why not spend the day at one of Bali’s most breathtaking infinity pools? Nothing says “forever” like an infinite vista – cosy daybeds, bubbles and gourmet poolside bites are just an added bonus.
5. Bliss out with boo
Get those romantic juices flowing this Valentine’s Day with a mind-melting couple’s rubdown at a top Bali spa. From divine massage treatments to fabulous hair salons, pampering your senses into submission is always best enjoyed as a couple. To help you do exactly that, here are our fave Seminyak spas, our top Canggu spas, and if you’re on a bit of a budget, here are Bali’s best affordable spas too (you’re welcome).
6. Make memories and #couplesgoals
If you’re less about cheesy gestures and more about making memories, then this Valentine’s Day swap the candlelit dinners for a couples’ island adventure. Here’s our list of 57 awesome things to do in Bali to give you some ideas – have a browse and see what tickles your fancy!
7. Escape to (another) paradise
Bali is filled with romantic experiences, but nuthin’ lights that fire quite like a weekend getaway. Luckily, Bali is just a hop, skip and a short boat ride away from a handful of paradisal islands, from Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan, to the Gili Islands just off of neighbouring Lombok.
8. Brunch with bae, Bali-style
They say that food is the way to one’s heart, so why not start the romance early with a luxurious brunch spread? From fine-dining brunches with Champagne and mimosas, to laid-back brunches by the beach, Bali’s best cafes and restaurants cater to all kinds of brunch dates. And if you’re not in the mood to leave your love nest? Most of Bali’s five-star hotels and resorts offer romantic floating breakfasts and weekend brunches, so be sure to check there first!
9. Dress to impress
As the saying goes, “love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind” – but if you ask us, a fabulous frock or smart suit helps move things along in the seduction department. So this V-Day, why not treat bae to a nifty new outfit to paint the town crimson-red. Need some shopping inspo? Check out our guides to Seminyak’s swanky stores and Canggu’s boho boutiques.
10. Go glamping and retreat to your own romantic bubble
If a blissful day out in nature is your kinda romance, then take your Valentine for a night of glamping. Glamping is one of the most popular things to do in Bali, and lucky for you, there are countless outdoorsy hideaways all over the island. Think beachside glamping beside quiet beaches, and breezy jungle glamp-sites surrounded by chirping birds and fresh air. Whichever you choose, you’ll feel like you’re in a world of your own…
Need more ideas for Valentine’s Day in Bali? Check out our events calendar for more special dinners and romantic experiences throughout the month of February!