What better time to honour one of our favourite tipples? Here’s our Cocktail of the Week!
Arriba! It’s Margarita everything this week. International Margarita Day has been raising glasses around the world, and Indonesia’s first ever Cuervo Margarita Festival (12th – 25th Feb) has been in full swing since last week.
So to celebrate this tequila-filled fiesta, try this brand new creation from Rock Bar (one of our fave spots to sip on a scrummy margie!). As Bali’s most iconic sunset bar and epic cocktail destination, Rock Bar was the only bar in Bali chosen for Indonesia’s Cuervo Margarita Festival – cheers to THAT!
Showcasing the magic that Rock Bar’s mixologists are capable of, the Un-Yuzu-Al (see what they did there?!) is our fave cocktail from the list of specials available at the fest. It’s been inspired by the island’s exotic spices, infusing the legendary Jose Cuervo tequila with Yuzu puree and ginger oil – YUM!
Want to make your own? Try this:
15ml ginger juice
15ml fresh lemon juice
30ml yuzu puree
60ml Jose Cuervo Tequila
120ml soda water
Lemon wedges, red peppercorn, mint leaf & baby’s breath flower to garnish.
- Chill your glass by filling it with ice cubes and allowing it to cool.
- Fill your shaker with ice cubes then add the ginger juice, fresh lemon juice, yuzu puree, and Jose Cuervo tequila.
- Shake well.
- Remove the ice from the chilled glass.
- Prepare a strainer, then pour the cocktail mixture into your glass.
- Top-up with soda water and crushed ice.
- Garnish with lemon wedge, mint leaves, baby’s breath flower and red peppercorns, then ENJOY!
Rock Bar, AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, Jl Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran, p. +62 361 702222. Open daily 4pm – midnight.