Be it summer or just plain ol' sunny Singapore, beat the heat with these five fashionable summer outfits that let you dress in style without breaking a sweat
Ladies, have you ever heard from your man that he’s too lazy to get all dressed up as he blames it on the scorching, hot weather? While global warming and climate change does affect how we dress, we are always finding ways to never let fashion slip away – even if the weather’s getting a little crazy. So fellas, time to tuck away that excuse and get inspired by these five summer-inspired looks that’d allow you to dress in style without unnecessarily rising the temperature of your body. No sweat!
Gentlemen, before we proceed to revealing the five looks that you can rock when the sun is loud and proud in the sky, it’d be great to familiarise yourselves with a few sartorial must-haves that are appropriate for hot sunny days. Time to restock your closet!
- Fifties/bowling shirt – Aside from its vintage flair, its loose cutting and wider collar allows greater airflow throughout your body, keeping you cool always.
- Mandarin collar shirt – No collar means less heat and stuffiness around your neck – hurrah to that!
- Classic plain T – Nothing’s better than a good plain ol’ T to combat the unbearable weather while still looking fly.
- Bomber jacket – But if you insist on layering during a hot sunny day, a lightweight bomber jacket is a good trendy outerwear.
- Linen blazer – And if you’re going for the gentlemen look in summer, a linen blazer is your best friend.
- Short shorts – Yes, don’t be appalled! Short shorts have made its comeback on fashion runways and they’re certainly perfect for hot blazing summers.
- Baggy trousers – Guess Charlie Chaplin had the formula for the perfect bottom for humid seasons all along. Like baggy tops, baggy trousers are so comfortable to wear when it’s boiling out there. And they’re a great replacement for jeans!
- Sandals – Not only for lazy days, sandals are useful during hot weather days – lesser uncomfortable moments of sweaty feet as your feet have more breathing space!
- Slip-ons – Aside from being easy to put on, slip-ons are also not as chunky and compact as wearing boots or full-covered shoes – you’re guaranteed to have happier feet.
Complete your summer-do with summer inspired accessories such as caps, sunnies and cool summer sling bags!
Without further ado…
- Relaxed Cotton Shirt, €59, by COS
- Unstructured linen blazer, $169, by MANGO
- Selected Homme Brown Geo Print Cropped Trousers, $126, by Topman
- Slingback Sandals, $73, by Pedro
- Davis NS City in Olive, $187.50, Fossil
- Horizontal Stripe Shirt, $49.90, by Zara
- Cream Chino Pants, $89.90, by Benjamin Barker
- Lord White Shoes from Rivieras , $129, from Zalora Singapore
- Ray-Ban Round Leather Sunglasses RB3475, $364.46, from ASOS
- T-shirt, $29.90, by PULL&BEAR
- Satin Bomber Jacket, $99.90, by H&M Singapore
- MEN Dry Stretch Active Shorts, $29.90, by UNIQLO
- Lacoste White Leather Trainers, $183, from Topman
- New Era 9Forty Cap Adjustable Diamond Era NY Yankees, $42.88, from ASOS
- Printed Floral Shirt, $69.90, by Zara
- Relaxed Pleated Trousers, €79, by COS
- Fred Perry X George Cox Leather Tassel Loafers, $267.99, from ASOS
- Ray-Ban Clubmaster Classic sunglasses, $225, from Zalora Singapore
- Metropolitan Slim Brief in Sport Calf Leather, $495, by COACH
- Linen Short Sleeve Shirt, $64, by GRANA
- Cotton Shorts, $24.90, from H&M Singapore
- Woven Sandals in Leather, $75.04, from ASOS
- Flip Top ASOS Round Sunglasses In Black And Rose Gold, $30.01, from ASOS
- Baron Bifold Wallet in Green, $48, by Sixth Empire