Six superb bands will celebrate Hong Kong’s burgeoning independent music scene at The Wanch on April 22.
Independent live music organisation The Underground HK will celebrate its 19th anniversary supporting original music on April 22 – with performances from an eclectic range of Hong Kong’s finest bands. The Underground, which held its first event on April 22, 2004, has since gone on to spotlight 600+ bands and host 260 events at venues around Hong Kong. It has supported and championed numerous bands and artists, including launching a charity to support full-time Hong Kong musicians struggling in the face of COVID-19 restrictions. The Underground will hold its 19th YEAR celebration at The Wanch, one of Hong Kong’s premier live music venues.
A full line-up of fabulous and fiercely original Hong Kong bands includes:
- Le Grouple Electrogene Fanfareclub, the ultimate festival band, paying tribute to famous marching bands, classic French songs and melodies, fuelled with pastis and camaraderie.
- Revery, a local band managed by Robin Law and Sammy So, members of leading local act Kolor. With infectious melodies and razor-sharp riffs, you will instantly see why great things are predictedfor this hot young rock band.
- Murphy’s Law – move over for some reggaeton courtesy of Murphy’s Law, who last graced The Underground’s Wild Boar Music Festival. Bringing reggae and dancehall back with passion and pizzazz, the band will have fans on their feet in seconds.
- Yusobeit, an indie rock four-piece delivers Cantonese melodies blended with multi-genre music influences. The highly versatile alt-rock act will definitely make a big impression.
- Whatthey Do, local alternative metallers, will connect like-minded audiences from all backgrounds.
- Fxithxhxpe, Eurasian twin brothers, will rap about the multi-cultural beat of growing up and living in Asia’s most exciting city.
Lucky Draw Giveaway
Along with watching great bands, the audience will also get a chance to win fabulous prizes in a lucky draw, including:·
- Tom Lee Music Gift Certificate (HK$1000) (1 prize)
- Noble FoKusH-ANC wireless earphones courtesy of ECT (HK$980 value) (3 prizes)
- AZLA POM1000earplugs courtesy of ECT (HK$438 value) (2 prizes)
- Portrait session from Asher Chan Photography (HK$2,000 value)
- HK$500 gift voucher from Noise Origin (band merchandise site) (2 prizes)
- Bottle of BlackTot Finest Caribbean Rum sponsored by Timeless & Tasty (HK$680 value)
- 90-minute online wellbeing session for a group of ten or less, courtesy of Positive Wellbeing(HK$5,000 value)
- A voucher for two to attend a ‘Find Your Style’ art class at Gowld Art Centre (HK$560 value)
About The Underground HK
The Underground HK was founded in Hong Kong in 2004 and has been the longest running local original live music promoter since. It attracts thousands of attendees and musicians from around the world to its events. The Underground uses its music industry network to help local artists kickstart their careers and connect to the world, via performance and record releases. Over 600 bands have performed at The Underground’s 260 events.