We’ve got the inside story on this city, and one sweet invitation to 1880 members’ club to help you settle in...
Update: You just missed it – Registration for Singapore 101 is now closed!
New to Singapore? We feel you. Even if you’re the most seasoned of expats, landing in a new city – on your own, with a partner or with the whole family in tow – is no mean feat. We’ve been there, walked into rooms where we didn’t know a soul, fumbled our way through ordering our first local kopi and paid way too much for wine along the way… and we’re now loving it here and living large in this amazing city. That’s what the Honeycombers life is all about. Want our essential tips on living and thriving in Singapore as an expat? Want to meet new friends and get to know the local scene, from all the practical stuff to where to party?
Whether you arrived in Singapore in the last week or the last year, we’ve got your back: we’ve gathered experts and insiders in one of our favourite spaces in Singapore to answer all your questions. From transferring money back home at the best exchange rate (hello, WorldFirst) to the heads up you need on renting, why health insurance will save your life (and wallet) here, the nitty gritty of EPs and how to change jobs down to saving your sanity as a trailing spouse, you can ask us anything. Seriously, anything.
And because we like to show you a good time here at Honeycombers, we’re getting together at 1880 at Robertson Quay – one seriously slick space only available to members, but we’ve got inside access. Launched last year, it’s a club with a strong, diverse community and one cool cultural program: this is a space designed for conversations to flow, ideas to bloom and connections to be made. It’s also one of our fave spots to chill in good company – and take it from us, 1880 throws some epic parties.
What’s happening on the night?
- Doors open at 6.30pm, so say cheers with a welcome drink – a Gibson Martini or mocktail upon arrival… but make sure you get in early as it’s only for the first 100 guests!
- The 1880 team is rolling out canapes until 7:30pm: light bites such as mozzarella arancini, Parmesan churros and aged beef sliders.
- If you’ve got the taste for more, 1880 has lined up a happy hour menu at great prices all night which includes specially designed cocktails, wine and beer for $15++.
- Mingle with experts from the local scene who’ll offer great advice on living the good life in Singapore.
- Listen in on a chat with the folks from WorldFirst, AAM and 99.co, who’ll share their top 10 tips on making it work as an expat.
- Make some new friends who are on the same journey!
Where: 1880; 1 Nanson Rd, level 3, Singapore 238909
When: Thursday 1 November, 2018 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Cost: FREE! Registration is required: book your spot at Singapore 101 with Honeycombers and WorldFirst at 1880
About our partners
Our event partner, WorldFirst, helps thousands of expats in Singapore transfer money overseas each year, so take the chance to chat to the team for some expert advice. For more insider tips, you can also meet the folks from Complete Healthcare International (CHI); AAM-Advisory; The Entertainer (an essential app for sweet deals on dining and experiences); AXA; American Association of Singapore; British Chamber of Commerce Singapore; 99.co; Hawksford; Presto Expat Motoring and Singapore Repertory Theatre (because we love the local theatre scene).
Want in? Just answer a few short questions to pre-register to this free event – spaces are limited, of course, so you know you’d better be quick.
Need more Honeycombers in your life? Invite us into your inbox!