SMU commemorates our 22nd anniversary on Patron’s Day (PD), with the theme Celebrate Balance!
In numerology, 22 is a symmetrical number that symbolises balance and harmony. This Patron’s Day, as we celebrate turning 22, we want to call on all to Celebrate Balance. To always stay on track and travel the long distance by learning when to pause, find our centre, and recalibrate our priorities. To remain level-headed, and never let success go to our heads, or let failure go to our hearts. To be kind to ourselves and balance hard work with even harder self-care. And to extend the same kindness to the community by always driving business with integrity, and success with charity.
Recharge, refocus, revitalise with us through these anniversary celebration highlights, all to do with pairing and twinning!
• Celebrity & Student Performances (hybrid, 21 Jan only): Meet Benjamin Kheng and Annette Lee on SMU Campus for a one-night only performance of their best-loved songs, including their viral hit, The Cai Fan Song. Not forgetting SMU student club performances themed to the 5 elements in equilibrium.
• SmooXplorer (on campus, 21-28 Jan): Race, hunt and learn about places on SMU campus that promote wellness and balance, guided by a set of brain-teasing clues. Locate all 7 stations to stand a chance to win amazing prizes.
• Makers’ Market (hybrid, 10-28 Jan): A perennial Patron’s Day favourite! Showcasing the entrepreneurship and creativity of SMU Makers. Bargain hunters should not miss PD22 exclusive deals in-store at The Alcove at SMU, on our portal 24/7, or during our livestream workshops.
• #Photobalance (on campus, 21-28 Jan): Participate in our Instagram photo contest! Pair up with a friend, strike a pose related to symmetry and balance in front of our PD22 photo installation at SMU Connexion, and stand to win attractive prizes.
• A Pair for a Cause (on campus, 10-28 Jan): Extend the lives of your old sports shoes by donating them to us. Under this new sustainability initiative, they will be repurposed into running tracks and other sports facilities around the island.
• Sure-win Games (online only, 21-28 Jan): Win tokens by acing a variety of games related to achieving balance in life, inspired by the SMU Resilience Framework. Exchange your tokens for a guaranteed prize at our Bonus Box, or accumulate them to enter our Grand Lucky Draw. A total of $200k worth of prizes is up for grabs.
• My Positivity Pledge (online only, 21-28 Jan): Start 2022 anew with a personal commitment on how you would like to enhance your well-being and inject positivity and balance to any aspect of your life. Then, share them on this page to inspire others. Submit one entry per calendar day, and redeem Fun & Games tokens for sure-win prizes or a chance at our Grand Lucky Draw.
We invite all members of the public to celebrate SMU Patron’s Day with us. Mark these dates on your calendars to enjoy this exciting range of online, on campus and hybrid festivities free of charge!