In need of a vacay? Whether you’re heading to the Maldives, The USA, Europe, or planning a holiday right here in Asia, here’re our top tips from Skyscanner on how to score the best deals and the cheapest flights
Book flights on a Tuesday, clear your cache before browsing, always fly mid-week; since when did booking flights become an exercise that demands military precision and planning? You’ll need that holiday just to get over the stress of securing the flight! Whether you’re a beach-bum, ski-bunny, or culture vulture, organising that vacay away is supposed to be fun, not fraught with tension (shall I book now, or wait ‘til the price drops?) and despair (darn, the price went up!). And with so many long weekends in Singapore to take advantage of this year, we’re always on the hunt for a cheap flight to somewhere new and exotic. We caught up with the good peeps at Skyscanner in a bid to find out how to bag the best deals on flights for our next vacay away, without breaking a sweat. Without further ado, here’re our top tips!
1. Seems obvious, but… use Skyscanner! It works with over 1,200 partners globally across flights, hotels, and car hires, so you’ll be hard pressed to find cheaper alternatives elsewhere. What’s more, as Skyscanner consolidates all available options in one place, you’ll save hours during the search process to boot! No more back and forth between various websites across multiple browser windows. Huzzah!
2. Be flexible, and be adventurous. Don’t know where to travel, but do know the dates you want to get away? Then try Skyscanner’s everywhere search (by selecting the everywhere option under destination in the search functionality). You’ll be presented with a myriad of destinations that you might not have previously considered and, with flights this cheap, it’s a travel adventure you can afford to indulge in.
3. That infuriating moment when you think you’ve scored a bargain flight, only to see the price go through the roof once tax and fees are added on at the checkout; bummer! With Skyscanner, the price you see is the final price you’ll pay, so you can say goodbye to that nasty surprise when it comes to coughing up your cash.
4. Don’t have the time or the inclination to sit around watching flight prices rise and fall? Us neither. Which is why we swear by price alerts; simply enter your destination and dates of travel then sit back and let Skyscanner do the hard work. You’ll get an email notification alerting you when the cheapest flights can be secured.
5. Know exactly where you want to go on holiday this year? Check Skyscanner’s handy list that provides you with the optimum time to visit its top 10 global destinations. It identifies which time of year is the best to travel to that location, when to book your flight to secure the best price, and which months to avoid in order to get the best value deals. Boom!
This article is sponsored by Skyscanner