As the COVID-19 crisis continues, masks provide essential protection. To help our community combat the pandemic, and to ease public anxiety, New World Development (“the Group” or “NWD”) announced that it would manufacture “Made-in-HK” face masks and partner with more than a dozen non-profit organisations (NGOs) to launch Hong Kong’s first “Mask To Go” dispenser programme, distributing free masks to those most in need.
A Sense of Optimism
The masks in white, grey and green provide customers with fashionable options that bring a sense of optimism during the pandemic period. Starting 17 August (next Monday), a total of 10,000 boxes of ASTM level 2 NWD-made masks in adult and kid’s sizes will be available for pre-order online. NWD will match every box bought with a box for donation, with customers choosing one of five NGOs to benefit from their purchase. The Group will then donate the matched masks to low-income families and disadvantaged groups through its NGO partners.
Fashionable and Quality Mask Brings Kindness, Courage and Hope
Every order will include two boxes, each containing 30 individually packed masks, to be sold at prices per box ranging from HK$84 to HK$108, depending on the colour of the masks. There are three colours available for adult masks: white, grey and green, representing Kindness, Courage and Hope respectively. Kids’ masks are in white only. While white masks are suitable for daily mix and match, grey masks best match with stylish outfits. The green masks are classic and classy.
Since the quantity of this first batch of boxed masks is limited, pre-order registration will be necessary. If the number of registrations exceeds the number of boxes available, there will be a draw. A dedicated website will be open for registration from 12 noon, 17 August (Monday) to 12 noon, 21 August (Friday). Registration information will be used solely for the processing of pre-ordered boxed face masks.
Support a Good Cause
Under the idea of “You Buy a Box, We Donate a Box”, NWD will reward customers and help those most in need in the society. When registering to pre-order their boxed masks, customers will be able to choose one of five NGOs to benefit from their purchase: The Hong Kong Alliance of Patients’ Organisations, the Hong Kong Women Workers’ Association, the Senior Citizen Home Safety Association, the Heep Hong Society and the Children’s Heart Foundation.
NWD will then match the number of masks sold and donate them through the NGOs to low-income families and disadvantaged groups. The number of boxed masks donated to the five NGOs will be announced after the entire purchasing process has been completed.
The allocation results will be announced to registered customers by email on 26 August. Successful applicants will then choose a pickup location and their order will be delivered in mid-September to the selected SF Express Store or EF Locker. A delivery charge of HK$30 will apply, but this will be waived for current or newly-registered New World CLUB members.
NWD “Made-in-HK” Face Mask Orders
(30 individually packaged masks per box; each order comprises a set of 2 boxes)
• Adults (Size: 17.5 x 9.5 cm)
o White (HK$84/box)
o Green (HK$108/box)
o Grey (HK$108/box)
• Kids (Size:14.5 x 9.5 cm)
o White (HK$84/box)
• Each order comprises a set of 2 boxes. As there is limited availability for green and grey masks, each purchaser may order only one box of coloured masks.
HK$30 (Waived for existing or newly-registered New World CLUB members)
Registration and Purchase
• From 12 noon, 17 August (Monday) to 12 noon, 21 August (Friday), visit the website (publicsales.lovewithoutborders.hk) and register with your name, phone number and email address. Then select your items and choose the NGO that will benefit from your purchase. If the number of registrations exceeds availability, there will be a draw.
• Registration information will be used solely for the processing of pre-ordered boxed face masks.
• When registering for pre-order, you may also opt to join New World CLUB.
• The allocation will be announced on 26 August (Wednesday) by email. Successful applicants need to select a pickup location and complete the transaction through the link in the email before 6 pm on 28 August (Friday).
• Upon successful completion of their purchase, customers will receive a delivery notification by email in September. They can then pick up their masks at the selected location according to the instructions in the email and the SMS sent by our delivery partner.
Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, Google Pay
(A $10 handling fee applies for each transaction made by credit card)