To celebrate Christmas and New Year, this year MÖVENPICK ice cream, the premium ice cream crafted with alpine spirit in Switzerland, has joined hands with model-turned-pastry chef Amanda Strang (Instagram: @amandastrang_) who has created three unique festive dessert recipes featuring iconic MÖVENPICK ice cream flavours.
Get inspired by Amanda’s festive desserts and challenge yourself to follow one of the delectable recipes or create your own unique dessert using MÖVENPICK® ice cream. From 6th December to 31st December, enter #MövenpickIceCreamBestDessert Challenge for a chance to win a Professional Pastry Chef Kit.
Professional Pastry Chef Kit Prizes
1. Grand Prize (worth HK$10,000) – Professional kit with Steam Oven (32L), Cake Stand, Set and Cake Accessories
2. Second Price (worth HK$6,000) – Professional kit with Kitchen Machine (4.8L) and Cake Accessories
3. Third Prize (worth HK$3,000) – Professional kit with Waffle Maker and Cake Accessories
How to Enter:
1. Take a photo of your festive dessert together with the MÖVENPICK® ice cream box you used and post on Instagram using hashtags: #MovenpickIceCreamBestDessert #MovenpickIceCreamHK #FullofAlpineSpirit
2. When you upload on Instagram, also share on Facebook
3. In your post, remember to tell us what is special about your dessert.
4. Like the MÖVENPICK® Ice Cream Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/moevenpickicecream.hk/)
How to Win:
1. The 3 most creative festive desserts will win. Amanda S will be the judge and select the winners.
2. The 3 winners will be announced on the MÖVENPICK® Ice Cream Facebook page on the 10th January 2020.
3. Terms and conditions applied. For details, please view at: http://bit.ly/TermsandConditions_MP
MÖVENPICK® Ice Cream x Amanda S Festive Dessert Recipes
Recipe 1: Festive Raspberry Sablé Cookie
Ingredients: MÖVENPICK® Strawberry ice cream, Butter (cold and cut into small pieces) – 172 g, Sugar – 150 g, Baking powder – 3.75 g, Salt – pinch, Cake flour (sifted) – 225 g, Egg Yolk – 67 g (about 3 yolks of large sized eggs), Zest of one lemon, White Chocolate – 1 bar, Fresh Raspberries, Pistachios
1) To make the sablé cookie, first rub together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Then in another bowl mix the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Once mixed, add this to the butter/sugar mix and rub together. Add egg yolks and lightly knead the dough followed by the lemon zest and knead again, it will be quite moist and stick to your fingers, the goal is to have a softer dough than your usual cookie dough. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour before using.
2) While resting, slice raspberries into equal halves and crush a handful of pistachios. Preheat the oven to 180°C then lightly flour the work surface, rolling pin and the dough and roll out to 0.5 cm thickness. Cut the dough with a tart ring 6 cm in diameter and place on to a baking paper lined baking tray. Leave the dough in the cake ring to bake, this achieves a nice shape. I find it helps to put the dough into the fridge after cutting it with the tart ring before transferring it to the baking tray so it holds its shape. Transfer the tray into the oven and bake at 180°C until golden brown which should take around 10 minutes.
3) Melt the white chocolate and brush a thin layer on the top of the cookie (once cooled) and let set. Once cooled, add a large scoop of MÖVENPICK® Strawberry ice cream and place the raspberries in a ring like a crown around the ice cream and sprinkle with pistachios. You can make this dessert look extra special by adding some strawberry coulis to the plate!
Recipe 2: Molten Chocolate Cake
Ingredients: MÖVENPICK® Vanilla Dream ice cream, Butter – 180 g, Dark Chocolate broken into pieces – 188 g, Sugar – 100 g, Cake flour (sifted) – 80g, Eggs – x5 large, Cream – 150 g, Milk Chocolate broken into pieces – 150 g
1) Whisk together the sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl. Place the small pieces of dark chocolate in a bowl. Melt the butter until it’s about to boil and pour over the chocolate. Leave for a few minutes to let the chocolate melt. Stir together until it’s all emulsified.
2) Mix the chocolate into the whisked sugar and eggs until combined, then fold in the cake flour in two parts. Let the mixture rest overnight in the fridge.
3) To make the ganache bring the cream to a rolling boil then pour over the milk chocolate pieces in a bowl. Leave for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to melt then mix until emulsified. Pour this into 3 cm diameter half sphere molds, cover and put into the freezer.
4) Preheat the oven to 210°C. Then rub a thin layer of butter on small cake rings (about 6 cm high) and dust lightly with flour. Pipe about 1 cm high of the batter into the cake ring, place the ganache in the centre and pipe one more cm on top and around the ganache. Bake at 210°C for around 10 minutes until the top is baked and slightly firm. Let cool slightly and serve with a large scoop of MÖVENPICK® Vanilla Dream ice cream
Recipe 3: Winter Profiteroles
Ingredients (for Almond Crust): Almond powder – 50 g, Flour, sifted – 50 g, Sugar – 50 g, Butter, cut into small pieces – 50 g.
Ingredients (for Profiteroles): MÖVENPICK® Maple Walnut ice cream, MÖVENPICK® Tiramisu ice cream, MÖVENPICK® Chocolate & Salted Caramel ice cream, Milk – 72 g, Water – 72 g, Pinch of salt, Sugar – 6 g, Butter, cut into small pieces – 72 g, Flour, sifted – 85.5 g, Eggs – x3 large.
Method (for Almond Crust):
Rub the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl, mix the almond powder and flour together then add this to the butter sugar mixture, rub together and then gently knead. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge
Method (for Profiteroles)
1) Preheat the oven to 160°C. Add the milk, water, salt, sugar and butter into a saucepan over high heat and mix. Once it comes to a rolling boil, in one go, pour the flour into the milk mixture. Turn down the heat and mix until it all blends together. Keep mixing over the low heat to cook the dough to a glossy finish and until it no longer sticks to the sides of the pan. This will take a few minutes, it will also remove the taste of flour.
2) Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl and continue to mix with a paddle, not a whisk as you don’t need to incorporate air into the dough. Once the dough has cooled, add the eggs one at a time to the dough until it’s all blended together. Each time an egg is added the dough will come apart (like scrambled eggs) then come back together. The dough shouldn’t be too thick or close to liquid form. It should stretch into long triangles on the paddle when pulled out of the dough. If there isn’t any elasticity in the dough then add half an egg.
3) Fill a piping bag (with a 1 cm width nozzle) with the dough. Place a silicone mat or baking paper on a baking tray and pipe 2.5-3 cm size balls a few cm apart. Roll out the almond crust dough to 3 mm thick, and use a use a 4 cm round diameter cookie cutter to cut out rounds of the dough. Place an almond crust round on top of each pate a choux ball and press lightly on top. Transfer the baking tray into the oven and bake at 160°C for around 20 minutes until golden brown.
4) Let the profiteroles cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, slice in half and fill with your favourite flavour MÖVENPICK® ice cream! For this recipe I have used MÖVENPICK® Maple Walnut, Tiramisu and Chocolate & Salted Caramel ice cream.